Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You ask, We tell

Do I have to have children?
No - having children is not a requirement for participation.

Am I too old or too young?
The Mrs. West Virginia pageant is looking for the same qualities Mrs. America should hold.  The average age of a Mrs. West Virginia contestant ranges from 25 to 50 years old. A representative exemplifying America’s 70 million married women that are beautiful, healthy, articulate and poised.

Do I have an opportunity to win even if this is my first pageant?
Absolutely!  Whether you have competed in previous pageants or this is your first, everyone has a fair opportunity to win.

I just moved to West Virginia, am I eligible?
If you are a United States citizen and a resident of West Virginia for 6 months (residence at a military establishment is acceptable) - then YES!

Do I need a performing talent for competition?
Although many of our contestants are very talented, it is not a requirement for competition.

Is there an entry fee?
As with all pageants, we do have a pageant reservation fee. No entry fee is required, however, each contestant is required to sell 4 full page advertisements.  These ads can consist of multiple or single patrons.  With your fulfilled advertising requirement you will receive all of your pageant photos (A $199 value) for free from Don Seidman Photography.

Do I have to be married for a certain number of years?
As long as you are currently, legally married and remain married during and throughout the Mrs. West Virginia Pageant, you are eligible.  Our pageant is proud of the married women in West Virginia - no matter the length of time you’ve been married.

I don’t know if I’m physically up to the challenge!
Sometimes setting a date to look forward to can encourage anyone to keep their New Year’s Resolution of getting physically fit!  Setting goals - like competing, and maybe becoming Mrs. West Virginia - are a great incentive!

Can I pay my Pageant Entry Fee in installments?
Of course!  You can make up to six installment payments with the full amount being due by 5:00 pm, February 1, 2010.  Contact the pageant office for details.  We prefer money orders, cashiers check or we can send you a PayPal Invoice.  Give us a call if you have questions.

I really need to speak to a human!  Who / where do I call?
The Pageant Office door is always open - feel free to contact me about anything.  My experience with pageants has been long and interesting - nothing is too silly or wrong to ask - and it’s just between us.  I will reply within 24 hours.
mrswestvirginia@me.com
(304) 939-1113

No comments:

Post a Comment