Thursday, December 17, 2009

Andrea Mitias, Mrs. West Virginia 2009




A few hours after I was crowned Mrs. West Virginia I met a man and his young daughter. They congratulated me, and as they walked away I overheard the young girl tell her dad, "that's what I want to be when I grow up!". At that moment I realized the enormous responsibility I have to be a positive role model and mentor.

I took time that night to evaluate what impact I would like to make as Mrs. West Virginia, and as Mrs. America. Promoting a healthy family is my top priority, along with encouraging education, and volunteering with in the community. I volunteer with the American Red Cross, and hope to spread the word about the lifesaving services this organization provides not only to our country, but to the world.

Mrs. America is about bringing together an amazing group of accomplished, persevering, and dedicated wives and mothers to represent our country at its best. I am proud to be a representative of America's finest resource, its married women!

Mrs. America

No comments:

Post a Comment